In past one week,
– helped my cousin sis to write college essays for admission in PG colleges
– counselled a friend on why or why not she should make a career shift, n framed couple of mails on her behalf to send to the HR
– prepared another cousin for college level interviews
– guiding a bunch of students for upcoming placement season
– yet another friend asked my opinion for switching jobs and shifting to her hometown
– helping my SIL to start her brand of handicrafts/ paper products, wrote mails to organisations that fund such initiatives.
– consulted a friend S on how to patch up wit her 6 months old husband post a major fight where she felt she was mistaken
– one other friend A asked me what should her parents send to her fiancé’ parents place on Holi
– talked to the sister making her realise it is alright when some people don’t like you
This isn’t just one time, it keeps happening with me. Friends, cousins, relatives keep asking for my opinions n POVs on so many things. In one friend’s words – ‘tere life ke funde clear hai, isliye’. I don’t know about that but all I do is keep a clear picture of the situations in front of these people who seek my support which being stuck in the situation themselves they ain’t able to analyse.
And now I feel I should probably change my profession and become a counsellor of sorts, should I or should I not?