Just stumbled upon this today from my old hard disk. When earlier asked about what kind of guy I wanted to marry, I used to give the below list half true, half wistful; people used to call me crazy for such a reply but in all honesty that was the kind of guy I wanted.
In bullet points:
- A great guy (in all the senses good natured, friendly, helpful, sensitive, responsible etc. etc.)
- A family guy (families are important to me and being good to people is one of the most important quality I wanted from the guy I would eventually marry), I always wanted someone who would take responsibility of my family with equal zest as being just two daughters I was always worried about this fact, I always wanted to be reachable and available for my family without any obligations or ahsan jatao scenarios. And moreover I love big family get to gathers, family weddings, celebrations etc.
- Someone who is a decision maker (wrong or right doesn’t matter but someone who is able to think sensibly and take decisions when required and sticking to it irrespective of the consequences because I for one cannot take decisions, I mean I am very poor at it, take eternity even to decide smallest of the things and then repent over them for another lifetime)
- Someone who is a sports freak to give my Dad some company where both his daughters failed miserably.
- Someone who loves movies, and can’t say no to re watch some favorites every now and then.
- Someone who loves food (First because I love food, cooking, eating out, trying new places, new food, in short everything that has to do with food; and over the years I have realized people who love food are very compassionate people and are mostly fun people.)
- Someone who loves Driving: because I love being on the roads sitting next to the driver, I love the convenience of road travel, travelling without planning, short weekend trips, even sleeping while on roads etc. etc.
- Someone who is settled in his career, because I knew I would be struggling for few more years I did not want the pressure of handling two career growths simultaneously.
- Someone who’s Job allows him to travel the world and he is ready to take me along to all the places, open-minded enough to let me be on my own, to take control, to roam around and responsible and alert enough to find me when I am lost, which happens quite often as far as me is concerned.
It was written long before TBH came into my life. People used to tag me over dreamy especially for the last two points, I used to listen to OHW get real, OHW marriages aisi nhi hoti from the likes of caring Bhabhi’s and Didis. My mom just used to laugh over me, sister used to give me looks like you emofool.
But guess my manifestation for such companion overpowered everything and I actually got a husband like that. Exactly like all the above mentioned things plus some more great characters which are hard to put in words. I feel blessed in my marriage and I know for sure it was manifestation and nothing else considering how much I tried not to marry him without knowing him even a bit.
Just wanted to thank you and let you know how much I love you for sticking with me through thick and thin. And after all, making me land in this dream world as against the bitter soup I prepared for myself in past years. Love you loads HONEY!!!!!
And all set to make our world more beautiful place ‘TOGETHER’ and experience what all it has in store for US.
Permanent Live- In partner