Last I remember I was writing about one month of Bunniness. And now its going to be an year in six days, and I still can’t believe it. Its been a beautiful motherhood journey. Feels like totally non mommy material like me was born to be Bunny’s mom.
I can’t tell you how much I am enjoying this now not so new role. I am loving every single moment of it.
Bunny is a sweetheart, I can’t probably explain in words how much I love him. He is a complete attention seeker, loves socializing. Melts everybody’s heart with his smiles. He will keep smiling/calling you in his own way until you respond to him and smile back. He absolutely love being in crowd.
Has already been to around 12 cities and has been constantly on the go since birth. And the inflow-outflow of guests at our home has almost doubled as contrary to what I earlier thought. So has not really been alone with us.
He is a happy -healthy kid generally. Has been quite a supportive baby. I just feel lucky and blessed to have him.
He is quite a active baby. And if I am around he doesn’t need anything else :). And I am always around, even in loo we kinda accompany each other. I think when time comes for his school or when i would be required to be out of home, the separation would be more difficult for me than him.
I am just overwhelmed and so excited. July has been great since the start. First we had this impromptu road trip to Amritsar – Chandigarh with sister and her friends. Which was great by all means, Bunny got slight fever on Day two, which worried me a bit but as soon as we realized it was due to teething, I was relived. And by next day evening he was completely himself. Tomorrow we are flying to Pune for a short weekend trip to Lavasa (for my birthday) then joining family in Bunny’s birthplace for his birthday and some celebrations :).
And our one year old household with a baby has been quite different with what me or my family envisioned.
– Its been a Johnson baby or any baby product free household. Yes no soaps, no powder, no creams for Bunny :). Only our very own coconut oil and mustard oil in winters.
– Its been a cerelac or any sort of pureed free home. I have not even learnt to force feed Bunny or feed him by distraction. Funnily I love khichdi and since Bunny’s arrival, unlike popular belief, it has been the least cooked food in our Kitchen.
– Also I have never bought a single box of formula milk. Breastfeeding and practicing Nursing in Public has been a boon for the kind of life we are leading with the Baby.
– Teddy-bears and soft toys free home. The ones we got as gifts are happilly lying in some corner, Bunny just doenst play with them. May be now as he grows. he will develop a fondness with them.
– No jhula, no walker, no crib, not a lot of fancy toys for him.
– Very early into the motherhood journey I learnt, that the kinda toy and how colorful/beautiful or expensive it is hardly matters to babies, they happily play with even kitchen or everyday stuff. What is important is giving them exposure to everything, sounds, colors, words, music, motion etc.
– Still no single pics of Bunny hanging on our walls, regretfully true.
– I have not once lost my temper with Bunny or regretted being a mom in this one year.
My only indulgences has been cloth diapers to an extent and Baby Carriers which has opened up new avenues for me, so I really do not mind.
Needless to say, i have been lucky with the kinda of family support system I have. The supportive partner I have, who supports me unconditionally, stands there as a pillar and trusts me with my decisions and ways to raise Bunny. Also for getting right information at the right time rather than being misguided and following some things which I would have regretted later.
Only thing I would like to change is TBH spending more quality and engaging time with Bunny and he learning to be with his Pa, even when I am not around. Somehow it is still not happening, and somewhere I am also a culprit because I kinda always intervene as soon as I hear things going out of control and do not give TBH fair chance. He has also been extremely overloaded with work lately, but he needs to be more hands on dad.
Like all the overwhelming emotional posts, I have no idea where did i start and where it is ending; Just that I am so happy to have a wonderful – beautiful motherhood journey, all thanks to my little munchkin.
Leaving you with a pic from our recent trip, somewhere enroute to Chandigarh from Amritsar.
One year of Bunniness !! One year of Momminess !!