I was feeling relatively low today for some no reason at all. Just one of those morning blues I would say. That’s when I decided to write about Happiness and random things that make me happy to simply cheer myself up, and while cooking today’s lunch, I started thinking things I would write about and you won’t believe even thinking made me happier. I am in a much better mood now. See how our mind works. So here is a list of few random things that makes me happy. Happiness Is
- When TBH exactly knows what I am feeling – like no mood to cook, mood to go out for a movie, mood to eat an ice-cream, to get a new foot wear, to just sleep, sit or talk. It never stops to amaze me that how much he knows me in and out in our 2+years of relationship. I just love him for that.
- Waking up to TBH’s teaJ. He has been making the morning tea since last two weeks because he gets up much before me and the tea pushes me to come out of bed. Haven’t I already told that he is just super awesome husband?
- Super elated sister on the other side of the phone – sharing random happenings of her life.
- Curry leaves + curd combo in every possible way – aloo raita, cucumber raita, curd rice, plain curd with tadka etc etc.
- My new found love – fruits and everything to do with them, fresh bowl as a snack, juices, shakes, smoothies, fruit lassis – just about everything.
- Shudh desi khana – this is also new but I am not able to get enough of it. All rice combos, all vegetables, everything to do with Indian khana. I was never someone who would eat roti when eating out but now I only look for Indian options.
- Cold showers in summers.
- Clean kitchen top. Dustfree house. Well stocked fridge.
- That extra squeeze of lemon in everything you eat.
- Random hugs and kisses from TBH.
- Talking to both my mommies (Mine and MIL). It always cheers me up. They are two super awesome moms.
- Talking movies with Papa. That’s the only topic that makes us exceed our one minute call time: P.
- Afternoon nap with TBH on his laptop besides me.
- Finishing tasks on deadline – home cleaning, personal projects, professional initiatives, shopping etc.
- Baking and surprising a new mom with the super yummy cake.
- Clean bathrooms with everything at proper place.
- Reading regularly and finishing books after books from the reading list.
- Catching up back to back good films in the theatre.
- Reading some amazing blogs out there.
- Walking with TBH.
- TBH cancelling all work travel plans to be with me.
- Rewatching your bachpan ke photos – the sister uploaded a lot of our childhood pictures on fb and re-watching them again and again gives me immense joy.
- When the radio plays your favorite song.
- Being able to freshen up right in the morning, this one thing sets my whole day in a positive note. This is so evident that day before yesterday my dad whatsapped me this article – http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/opinion/edit-page/You-gotta-go-gotta-go/articleshow/33404651.cms
- Writing in Hindi after a long long time, that too a six page speech for my MIL to be delivered in an event and getting appreciated for it.
So the list can just go on :). There is lot to be happy about, and when next I am in low mood, I will probably just come here and read this again:).
An hour back I woke up from my afternoon slumber (okay, I know it went well beyond the afternoon). I slept in TBH’s arms, cuddling and kissing him every now and then; and woke up to him caressing me lovingly. A serene smile spread over my face, which refused to go for a while. I kept on wondering what a bliss it is for not celebrating togetherness on some special occasions but it being your life. How beautiful life is with TBH and I being together most of the time. Eating each meal together, creating memories, living a fun fulfilled life.
I have mentioned it before that the kind of routine we follow is slightly different from the norm. We both work out of home, we have a room dedicated as office but there is no restriction on us. Actually for TBH it should he works on his phone.TBH keep on having some local meetings on some days but that doesn’t actually count in the large picture. As far as his work travel is concerned, mostly I accompany him or I travel to someplace else (visiting both set of parents etc). There are ample of advantages of being your own boss.
When I started of this life leaving my full time job, a lot of my people showed concerned that being together all the time may fade out our relationship. We may get bored of each other’s company. But surprisingly just the opposite has happened. I feel our love keeps on increasing exponentially. We have become so comfortable around each other that there is absolutely nothing that brings any strife between us. Needless to mention we hardly fight and I believe understand each other in and out. We get more time to do together activities, we discuss everything and anything under the sun etc. etc.
Though there are certain disadvantages to it as well. We can’t boast about the kind of social circle working people have. Our weekends are also mostly us exploring places. Few friends we have from earlier jobs/college are too busy in their own lives and stay very far. Dressing up socially is gradually losing its meaning for me. And the activities/workshops/talks my previous workplace used to organize, I miss that the most. A lot of our vacation plans gets cancelled due to TBH’s nature of business. Also his business colleagues are well beyond our age or choice of people we want to hang out with. Sometimes lack of routine makes you waste more time than buzy-ness. Yes, we do get regular dose of hosting guests which breaks the monotony but they also take us for granted considering we don’t need to rush to office or follow a fixed routine.
But honestly I love the way it is. When I hear about couples not being able to spend enough quality time with each other which in some cases takes a toll over marriage and relationship, I send a silent prayer up there. When I hear about concepts like weekend couples/parents it somewhere breaks my heart. When I see old parents living a colorless dull life because their children are not able to visit them regularly, I just can’t thank god enough for all the fun family times we have. This is not to draw comparisons or prove a point. But just to keep a record of what I felt today and thanking the almighty for giving us the opportunity to choose the way we want to live without major obligations or responsibilities to direct our life. I think this works perfectly for me. Actually I couldn’t have asked for more. May be I am a cut out for this kind of life. And I am totally in love with it. I love our togetherness.